Let’s Make a Safer Community by ending child sexual abuse
Virtual Webinar and Talk Back
Step 1: Virtual Webinar
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Complete prior to Talk Back
Step 2: Talk Back
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Moderated discussion by Sexual Assault Crisis Center trained facilitator
Contact Amy for a list of days and times
Join us to:
- Learn The Facts
- Minimize The Opportunity For Abuse
- Talk About It
- Recognize The Signs
- React Responsibly
This program is designed for:
- Anyone 16 years of age and older who wants to learn how they can help end child sexual abuse
- Community service hours available for students – dependent upon school
- Continuing education available:
- The National Association of Social Workers
- Dentists and dental hygienists
- Daycare providers
- 1 in 10 children faces the horror of being sexually abused by their 18th birthday.
- 93% of victimized children are abused by someone they KNOW and TRUST.
- However, less than 30% of parents talk to their children about sexual abuse.
Our program, KNOW More to Protect Children uses the evidence informed curriculum Stewards of Children Darkness to Light to educate adults about child sexual abuse.
Darkness to Light encourages every community to achieve what Malcolm Gladwell calls the Tipping Point. Tipping Points occur when a small number of people effect widespread social change.